- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
Last updated November 01, 2022
SUMMARY OF KEY POINTS
What personal information do we process?
Do we process any sensitive personal information?
Do we receive any information from third parties?
How do we process your information?
In what situations and with which types of parties do we share personal information?
How do we keep your information safe?
What are your rights?
How do you exercise your rights?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
- phone numbers
- email addresses
- mailing addresses
- billing addresses
- debit/credit card numbers
- health data
Information automatically collected
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To fulfil and manage your orders. We may process your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may process your information if you choose to use any of our offerings that allow for communication with another user.
- To save or protect an individual’s vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
3. WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
If you are located in the EU or UK, this section applies to you.
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e. consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Click here to learn more.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
* The Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) may be contacted with any GDPR queries.
4. WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Data Analytics Services
- Payment Processors
- Communication & Collaboration Tools
- Performance Monitoring Tools
- Social Networks
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
6. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see ‘WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?‘ above), in the United Kingdom, and other countries.
European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses:
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
8. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
9. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
Withdrawing your consent
Opting out of marketing and promotional communications
Cookies and similar technologies
11. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
12. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
14. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
15. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
This website is hosted and managed by www.bluewhiteandgrey.com. Their registered business address is 6 Owen House Farm, Wood Lane, Mobberley, Cheshire. WA16 7NY. United Kingdom. Phone: 01565 889668 Mobile: 07739 490698.
Maison de Lunel is a business registered in France. Theregistered business owners are Ross Beckley and Neil Beckley. The registered business address is SCI BECKLEY ESTATES. Maison de Lunel, Mauroux 46700, FRANCE. Contact Details : Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone : +33 7 8031 9603.
SIRET Number: 825 166 184. TVA Registration Number: FR 73 825 166 184 00010